Hello and welcome.
So this site will be chronicling my photography and other interests as well as the ongoing latest project of the refitting/restoration of my newly acquired (in 2019) 17ft Yorkshire Pebble (Coble). Other information I’ll be writing about will be related to some of my interests, which will include boats, the environment, motorcycles, ink drawing, restoration and sometimes my cat – Mystery – the acting First Mate (She likes to think she is the Captain) of our boat – SAGE.
In school, I was that child that seemed to never be paying attention. Indeed I will confess that my imagination was always somewhere else, such as being one of the knights of the round table and rescuing a damsel from some calamity (usually a girl I had a crush on)!
If I wasn’t dreaming of adventures, then I would be drawing and painting. My textbooks always had doodles all over the covers and seemingly some things have never changed… I was even offered a scholarship by the Ely College of Art.
Then along came adulthood and work and the rest as they say “is history”. But now, much later in life, the internet has become my outlet. A new way to show and share my passions and I am so happy that I made the decision to do so.
I’m married to a wonderful Norfolk lass and we have a daughter who is at this time (2019 – 2022) studying English at the University of East Anglia. Both are the biggest part of my world, and I couldn’t have asked for a better pair of Norfolk girls with whom to share the rest of my life.
Hopefully, you and I might cross paths in the real world someday. Maybe whilst out sailing the Norfolk Broads, or meandering the hills of North Wales where we spend much of our time, maybe it might just be by chance on the streets of Norwich. But until then you can always find out what I’m doing by following me on this website or via one of my social media accounts.
- 1st job – Apprentice motorcycle mechanic.
- 2nd job – Joined the Royal Artillery (UK Army).
- Self-taught to stick weld, braze aluminium and built a hot rod from a 1954 Austin Devon saloon.
- 3rd job – Warehouse operative.
- 4th job – Family business (Rovaround Pet Foods).
- Was the Second Coxswain of Mundesley Inshore Lifeboat.
- 5th job – Roof truss builder and erector.
- 6th job – Mustard Flour Miller at Colmans of Norwich.
- Achieved my Diploma in Photography.
- Gained the Licentiate of the Royal Photography Society.
- I admit that I have owned far too many cameras, boats, cars and motorcycles.